I just sat in traffic for over three hours and missed my favourite band in the entire world.
I knew this was going to be a pug before it even popped it’s little head out.
Anja Niedringhaus was killed yesterday. This is a collection of her work, including photos taken the day before she died. People mourn celebrities and actors and whoever else is in front of the lens. Niedringhaus was behind the camera, showing us the world as it really is, not as Hollywood wants us to believe.
These photos, if nothing else, should make us respect what a wonderful, talented human being she was. We should question everything that we are fed by the television and the radio and the news. Question everything, and never underestimate the value of the truth and those who can see it. Especially those who can make it beautiful.
Breaking my social media strike to inform you all that I have officially (finally) finished my first professional (joint) academic paper.
We take it to a conference in Manchester in a few weeks which is terrifying and exciting all at the same time.
Strike was necessary for productivity levels… Now, on to the dissertation.
They’re coming baaaaaaack
- i will be moving in with my best friend and partner in crime/love/life over the next two weeks. i also have to figure out my finals in that time, but whatever, it’ll work out i guess.
- sharing derek’s rent means we both have much cheaper rent. san francisco, you’re starting to look more affordable.
- this means that my shitty roommate situation is over! i couldn’t be happier about that.
- back to gloucestershire in two weeks where there will be dogs and family and good friends and wine and roaring fires and country walks and and and
- best friend emma is spending new year’s eve with me! YAY. We’ll drink wine and play board games and stay up til midnight and then go for a new year walks with my dogs and the pug.
- i’m selling my canon 7D, and getting a canon 6D to replace it. it’s been a fun 3 1/2 years, 7D, but it’s time to move on to full frame fun.
- and then, finally, when i’m back in sf after all the winter fun back home, best friend kay is coming to visit me. see? it’s ALL exciting again.
The pug gets her very own hyperlink. We are both very excited about spending NYE with Jessie :)
It’s a mix of hell and outer space.
how are u going to tell me mermaids dont exist then
Reasons why I don’t like boats/swimming/any situation where I can’t see the bottom. Especially cruises. I mean… Trapped on a boat, at sea, with a bunch of the general public, and probably a swimming pool on the boat. BOATS ARE THERE TO KEEP THE WATER OUT. WHY DO YOU NEED A POOL.
I don’t have many and maybe I am selective about them, but I can hand on heart say that every single one of my friends makes the world a better place by just being here. I am very fortunate to have them in my life.
A couple of pages from my favorite children’s book “A is for activist”